Bachelor of Science in Information Security
The BS in Information Security degree program is designed to develop expertise in the area of information and network security. The program main objective is to provide the management skills and technical knowledge needed to plan, acquire, operate, manage and evaluate an organization's information security operations. Students enrolled in this program are expected to pursue a plan of study to assure professional competence and breadth of knowledge in the field of information and network security. The emphasis of this program is on applying proven and innovative practices for building industry-standard secure systems, applications and networks. The program will go a long way toward meeting the growing need for information technology specialists with competence in IT in a broad sense along with relevant expertise in information and network security.
- Alumni will serve in UAE organizations of all sizes and employ their knowledge of information and network security, principles, theories, and applications in their job roles.
- Alumni will be engaged in designing, analyzing, auditing, testing, implementing and acquiring information and network security solutions for their organizations.
- Alumni will serve UAE society by being aware of the methodologies, techniques, tools and skills necessary for participating, competing and developing strong and cost effective information and network security solutions and products.
- Alumni will be committed to the highest standards of ethical practice relevant to the information and network security profession.
- Alumni will be able to encounter UAE market expectations with a set of professional skills including information and network security new technologies and tools, communication skills and team works.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics and science in information security.
- design and conduct information security experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- design an information security system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- function effectively individually and on multidisciplinary teams.
- identify, formulate and solve information security problems.
- discuss professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- communicate effectively in writing and orally with a range of audiences.
- describe and analyze the impact of information security solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- discuss contemporary issues related to information security.
- use techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for information security practices.
- apply solutions based on the information security life cycle of an organization, including policy, planning, acquisition, development and evolution of secure infrastructures.
Required Credit Hours :
minimum 130 hours
General Education (Req CH: 42)
Cluster 1: Values to Live By - Islam (3.00 hours)
Cluster 1: Values to Live By - Ethics (3.00 hours)
|ITBP370||Professional Responsibility in Information Technology||3.000|
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - English Communication Skills (3.00 hours)
|ESPU1081||Introduction to Academic English for Information Technology I||3.000|
Cluster 2: Skills for Life - Information Literacy (3.00 hours)
Cluster 3: The Human Community - Emirates Society (3.00 hours)
Cluster 4: The Natural World - Mathematics (3.00 hours)
Cluster 5: Capstone Experience (6.00 hours)
|ITBP480||Senior Graduation Project I||3.000|
|ITBP481||Senior Graduation Project II||3.000|
College of Information Technology